Friday 6 July 2012

C25K - Week 2 Day 3

To take the place of the 10 week Fresh Start fitness/health programme, I have started the 9 week (estimated) NHS Choices Couch to 5K running programme. The C25K programme is a downloadable podcast that encourages you to build up to running a full 5 kilometres.

Week 2 consists of 1 podcast in which you alternately run for 90 seconds and walk for 2 minutes. You do this for a total of 20 minutes, with 5 minutes before and after to warm up and cool down.

Today was the last run of the week and was done in the pouring rain. By the time I had finished the 5 minute warm up walk, I was soaked through. By this time I was tempted to call it quits, but I thought "I might as well do it, can't very well get any wetter".

Everything went really well, with all the runs giving me no problems. I don't know if it was the rain or my stamina having gotten better, but it seemed that I was able to run and walk faster than I did in the previous two runs. The podcast had reached the middle point of the last 2 minute walk when my mp3 player decided to fizz out. I didn't give up though. I ran from where I was to my house. I counted foot falls rather than seconds (right foot, left foot 1. right foot, left foot 2.), so while the timing may have been off a bit, at least I still got that last run in! Skipped the cool down walk, but I did some stretches instead.

I'm worried about my Mp3 player. I plugged it into my computer and it's not finding it, so I can't change the files. Looks like I might have to get that iPod Touch sooner than I had planned. 

Week 3 starts on Monday!

No comments:

Post a Comment