Sunday 15 July 2012

C25K - Week 3 Day 3

To take the place of the 10 week Fresh Start fitness/health programme, I have started the 9 week (estimated) NHS Choices Couch to 5K running programme. The C25K programme is a downloadable podcast that encourages you to build up to running a full 5 kilometres.

Week 3 consists of a 5 minute warm up walk, followed by a 90 second run, a 90 second walk, a 3 minute run and a 3 minute walk (then repeat all once). The final 3 minute walk is considered your cool down walk.

I did the third run this past Friday (the 13th) and it was the hardest run of the week. Several times I nearly gave up and walked, but I'm glad I didn't, as just a few seconds after I was tempted to quit Laura came on and said it's time to slow down to a walk. By the end of the second 3 minute run I was really struggling, but persevered and walked a third lap around the housing estate.

Week 4 starts tomorrow. I also have my Nike+ sensor, so will be able to use it during the runs. Hopefully it will help measure distances a bit better.

No comments:

Post a Comment