Wednesday 4 July 2012

End of Fresh Start Programme

Today was the final meeting of the 10 week Fresh Start programme for me and the others who have been attending with me since May. As it was our last session, we only did the exercise portion and the weigh in and final waist measurement. The usual food education and taste-testing was replaced with filling out a general satisfaction form.

My final measurements are weight: 66.8 kilograms (147 pounds) and waist: 34 inches. In the last 10 weeks, I have lost 11 pounds and 2 inches off my waist. Not too bad!

On the 18th of July we start the post programme support which lasts for 9 weeks. This consists of going in to get weighed and measured, updating our portions allotments, and having a quick chat with the staff while the new group does their exercises.

While I appreciate the post programme support sessions, I'm going to miss attending the proper Fresh Start sessions themselves. I learned a lot from them and really enjoyed the exercise class each week.

No comments:

Post a Comment