Friday 1 April 2011

A Week Away

Sorry about my week long absence. My illness got worse before it got better and a friend came over on Sunday to help me out. I'm better now and he left this morning and arrived back at his home safe and sound this afternoon.

Paul (my son) went on his respite care Wednesday and is due back home today. Since my friend was here, we decided to go on a nice leisurely day trip yesterday to Nantwich, Cheshire.  Nantwich is a very historic town near Crewe and contains several very old and rustic buildings. I've included a few photos here that I took while we were out. It was a nice day. We looked through several nice little shops and bought a few keepsakes each. I bought a travel notebook, some essential oils, and a humanist "bible." My friend chose a worry friend book, some oils, and an autographed copy of "Wonders of the Universe," a companion book to the BBC series of the same name. Naturally we stopped off at a cafĂ© for tea and cake and on our way to the train station at the end of the day, we went into a pub and shared a very large pot of tea between the two of us. After 4 cups of tea each, we finally gave up and left another 2 or 3 cups worth in the pot! 

Tomorrow Paul and I are off to Prestatyn, Wales for a week. It is my hope that I will be able to make at least one or two entries here, detailing what we've seen and the fun we've had.

Until next time!


No comments:

Post a Comment