Saturday 10 September 2011

Fitness Update for September

Weight loss for the last month has been very negligible, with only one pound lost since last month. My other measurements are a mixed bag, with four decreasing, one increasing, and three staying the same. Obviously, I'm not expecting my height to change, but it does give you an idea of where I'm at.

Height (=): 5 feet
Weight (-): 161 lbs
Waist (-): 36.75 inches
Thighs (+): 25.5 inches
Calves (=): 16 inches
Arms (-): 12.25 inches
Chest (without binder) (-): 37 inches
Neck (=): 13 inches

Again, my arm strength has increased. I am currently doing 25-30 reps of arm curls per arm with a weight of 2.5 kg per arm. I'm hoping I can get the reps up to 35 by next months update. I have stopped doing butterfly curls as I was unable to do them properly without having a proper workout bench. Instead, I am doing pullovers with a 2.5kg dumbbell. They seem to be working better than the butterfly curls, as in the 3 weeks I've been doing them, I have lost an inch from my chest area.

My main reasons for doing this fitness regime is to help build muscle and strength in my lower back and to decrease the size of my breasts. My lower back causes me quite a bit of pain and a physical therapist told me awhile back that if I can increase my strength in that area, it will help with the pain. My desire to make my breasts smaller is to help with the physical dysphoria that I experience as a bigender person. As someone who is both male and female gendered, I do not want to get female to male top surgery unless it is what I have to do in order to get rid of the dysphoria. If I can decrease my breast size enough with exercise so that they look enough like a male's chest at first glance, then that is the route I would rather take.

Daily Exercises:

Cardio: Either walking a minimum of 30 minutes a day OR playing a cardio-intensive game on the Kinect (i.e. Dance Central, UFC Trainer, Zumba Fitness) for 30 minutes or more.

Weights: Bicep Curls - 30 reps at 2.5 kg, gradually increasing up to 35 reps at 2.5 kgs per arm

Pullovers - 2 sets of 10 reps at 2.5 kg, gradually increasing up to 2 sets of 15 reps
OR
1 set of 20 reps at 2.5 kg

No comments:

Post a Comment