Friday 25 March 2011

Spring Cold

Went to bed last night feeling a little 'under the weather' and woke up this morning with a full blown cold, complete with sniffles, headache, and scratchy throat. Because of this, I've had to turn down a potential commission, as I know I won't be able to devote the proper amount of attention to it for as long as I'm feeling this bad.

It never ceases to amaze me that when you get ill, you notice all the little things that need to get done. Things that you were very happy to ignore when you were feeling well. Housework, drawing, putting flat-pack shelving together, all of these things are noticed, but you're too bleh feeling to do them. Which of course, makes you feel worse.

Oh well, I'm sure after one or two early nights to bed that I'll soon be back to my usual self. Which is a good thing, as my boyfriend is coming over to visit next week and we have planned a wonderful day trip out during his stay. Not having a cold would be a wonderful thing during this time as it would make the visit a lot more enjoyable. Sneezing fits tend to ruin the mood, ya know.

No comments:

Post a Comment