Saturday 23 July 2011

Let's Learn Something (part 5)

Lately, I've found that a lot of people really don't know what each letter in "LGBTQ" stands for. Yes, most people realise that it stands for "Lesbian, Gay, Bi-sexual, Transgendered, (Gender) Queer", but they don't really understand what those terms mean.

To help remedy this, I'm going to be posting journals and messages on different sites that I'm a member of all this week. Each day, I will highlight a different letter in "LGBTQ". Comments and questions are welcomed, but please be respectful.

Today is "(Gender) Queer", and is also the last official day of this series. I hope you have enjoyed learning about (possibly) new things. If this series has made you think in a different way, taught you something you didn't know before, then please comment and let me know! Also, if you have any questions about any of the topics in this series, please ask and I will try my best to answer them.

I've found both an article and a video highlighting what GenderQueer means. Hope you enjoy them!


No comments:

Post a Comment